COVID-19 impact on the operational efficiency of the manufacturing industry is not at all inspiring. The industry must explore options before the uncertain effect becomes a hard nut to crack.The worldwide lockdown means people driven processes in manufacturing units like inventory management, raw material procurement, regulatory compliance have been badly hampered.
Therefore, an ample space for implementation of automation technology to optimise critical processes and combat the challenges set forth by COVID-19. Experts deem it as perfect solution to boost operational efficiency and improved monitoring for maintenance of transparency in organisation. After all, come what may there is no alternative to business must experience growth.
Automation of back-office ensures less time required for products to reach the market due to enhanced operational efficiency.This way, despite the reduced workforce productivity level won’t see a downfall.
- Robots will come handy owing to their agility and ability to work at a better pace than humans.
- Robots will cost less comparative to payment to employees and will also be able to smoothly cater to increased demand.
- There is no fear of being infected with COVID-19
- Manufacturing units can run with minimal possible humans
- If a company operates multiple geo-locations, cloud technology will help in getting the critical data together as well as ensure real-time collaboration.
Improving operational efficiency amidst COVID-19 is now even a bigger pain point for manufacturing units. But the business process automation will solve the problem in the following manner.
- Access to real-time data.
- Improved level of customer service.
- Switching between different employees to avoid delays.
- Invoicing process becomes better.
Types of Automation to Improve Operational Efficiency
Business process automation and Business activity monitoring are helpful in finding and fixing production related problems beforehand. This way, small issues don’t transform into bigger bottlenecks.
Report automation enables the sales team with real-time data (orders to be dispatched, daily sales order, daily invoices processing, and more ) that is crucial to capture maximum sales with minimum efforts.
Big Benefits of Manufacturing Process Automation
- Better visibility to business critical data
- Improved time for customer response query
- Data driven decision making
- Ability to avoid and solve bottlenecks.
The above mentioned benefits collectively work towards automating back office tasks that would have cost more resources and money. Therefore it reduces time required for the product to reach the market and enhances operations to attain next level success.
Role of Unstructured Data to Enhance Operational Efficiency
Tons of unstructured data produced on a daily basis in the manufacturing industry is capable of generating value driven insights upon application of artificial intelligence. Having said that, this results in development of a predictive maintenance system.
It helps manufacturing units to predict under what circumstances the system is going to face failure. Moreover, it helps to be ready with a replacement or solution. In either case the downtime is significantly shortened and machine lifetime increases by upto 40%.
Unstructured data empowers manufacturing units to avoid losing millions of dollars due to temporary pause on production
On The Whole
The undefined impact of COVID-19 on companies should not be viewed as a calamity but also an opportunity to boost efficiency and serve customers with nothing but the best. It is totally possible with the power of automation and leveraging unstructured data using AI.
It’s the time to face the challenge and emerge as a leader than to resist the situation and be where you are. Moreover, the latter option is more likely to highlight the inability to compete under crisis.
Crisis Never Stops Why Should You?